Botanical Illustration: Perfecting Perspective
Three 5-hour days
Online ZOOM Workshop
Friday, November 13, 9:00am-2:30pm
Saturday, November 14, 9:00am-2:30pm
Sunday, November 15, 9:00am-2:30pm
Beginner to Advanced students
Limited to 12 students
Do you shy away from drawing complicated plants? Even experienced illustrators sometimes struggle with foreshortening and simplify their subjects to eliminate the tricky parts. Learn the techniques and tricks for seeing and depicting perspective accurately. Whether determining the correct shape of an ellipse or finding the angle of the element pointing to you, you’ll work with botanical subjects that demonstrate each aspect of perspective. The class will work entirely in graphite pencil, as the principles apply to all other media. Gain confidence in your drafting skills and improve your drawings from this class forward.
Register at https://www.redbuttegarden.org/botanical-scientific-illustration/
Botanical Illustration: Perfecting Perspective • 11/13-15, 2021
This course is offered through Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Registration and more information available at https://www.redbuttegarden.org/botanical-scientific-illustration/
- Some basic art skills and art materials
- A good understanding of the English language
- Access to a computer and a good internet connection
- Working knowledge of using Zoom
- Technical issues are the responsibility of the student
- Working knowledge of how to take a good quality digital image
- Ability to send a jpeg attachment as an email
- A willingness to learn, share and explore the world of creativity!